Friday, April 6, 2012

Sagada's famous hanging coffins


Thursday morning Kathleen and I bid farewell to Christin who was headed off to Baguio and we went and checked out the hanging coffins. These are two hundred year old coffins that are suspended on the limestone cliffs surrounding Sagada. This is a traditional way of burying the deceased– some people even still do it!

After the trip to the coffins we walked around Sagada a bit, did a little shopping, ate some yummy peanut snacks, and then started making our way back to Manila via jeepney to Banaue and then the wonderful overnight bus to Manila. I brought Kathleen back to the apartment I stay in so she could have a place to hang out until catching her bus to Legazpi to go hike some volcano. I am only a little bit jealous (a lot). All in all, my last little side trip was incredible– I am so glad I chose to go to Banaue and Sagada instead of going to another beach. I was debating to do this or go swim with whale sharks... that would have been cool too but then I wouldn't have met this guy:
Who needs a tour guide when we had this
fluffy guy with us!?! He followed us around
while we were checking out the hanging coffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment